Economy and Innovation
Remote and hybrid work are more than just a change in work processes. They represent a transformation in the way we work and lead, a new organisational culture and a new way of organising society, with strong impacts on people's lives.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exponentially accelerated this reality and provided a new vision on these emerging ways of working, both from the point of view of companies and workers.
At Future of Work, this is one of the strategic dimensions of work, in which we have been investing since 2019, with the creation of spaces for debate, reflection, capacity building and dissemination of good practices and recommendations.
Pilot research/action project in the area of digital maturity and remote work
May 2020 - July 2021
To determine digital and remote work maturity in organisations (CML/DMEI)
- Diagnostic survey and interviews
- Joint creation event: “Lisbon Go Remote”
- Strategic Recommendations Guide for Digital & Remote Work
- Public presentation of the Strategic Recommendations Guide for Digital & Remote Work
- Implementation and management framework for strategic recommendations
- 69 replies
- 1 Recommendations Guide
- 1 Public Session
- 1 Framework
- 1 Infographic
Mentorship and skill-building programme | Remote working and job searching
March - May 2020
- To improve professional skills and the ability to search remote employment opportunities on a global level
- To improving capabilities in the job market and new working models
Online skill-building programme:
- Soft Skills Training
- Coaching Calls
- Technical Webinars
- Group Mentorship
- 69 participants
- 90% satisfaction
Online sharing and leaning week
April - May 2020
- To promote sharing and learning focused on the attraction and development of talent in areas identified as critical to the city’s economy (namely the Tech and STEM areas)
- To provide information on future trends and new ways to work and recruit in the post-pandemic period
Online talks and debates online with experts in the following fields:
- Remote jobs
- Remote hiring
- Product development
- The future of work
- 3399 participants
- 1357 live views
Online sharing and learning programme about work models (people, workplaces and technology)
- To promote refection upon the way we work at present and how we may work in the future
- To create new alternatives, suited to the Future of Work, by rethinking solutions for growing teams (focus on distributed teams and remote work)
- What are Distributed Teams?
- What are their advantages?
- Which lessons can we learn from this new work model in order to build resilient companies?
- 1000 participants
- + 5900 views
- 120 live views
Entrepreneurship Week 2020
- Remote & Digital Readiness – Is your company ready for 2021?
- Is Lisbon a good place to build Remote Tech Teams?
- Remote Work & Mental Health: How to stay healthy while working remotely
- Going Remote: What does the future of employment look like?