Economy and Innovation
The Future of Work
A European capital and global city, Lisbon benefits from the ideal conditions for the development and attraction of employment, talent and innovation.
The Future of Work initiative arose from the desire to prepare the city of Lisbon for the challenges the professional sector is expected to face in the future, in a context of severe disruption and unpredictability, likely to persist over the next few years. In this sense, efforts are being undertaken to define a Strategic Map for the Future of Work in Lisbon.
We seek to reflect upon the future of work and to invest in partnerships that will help us turn Lisbon into a more competitive, innovative and inclusive city, better prepared to face the complex challenges we are set to encounter in the future.
We strive to turn Lisbon into a resilient city, able to deal with the fast technological and social transformations we currently experience, by ensuring we remain competitive and capable of retaining and attracting talented professionals, as well as acquiring new skills, in line with future demands.
In order to keep abreast of our initiatives and partnerships, follow us on LinkedIn and share your suggestions and opinions.
Together we can do more and better!
- Promoting the identification of trends in the areas of work and employment, technological transformation and qualifications;
- Fostering employment creation, quality, dignity and sustainability;
- Boosting employability;
- Contributing to an in-depth reflection and sharing of knowledge on the future of work;
- Encouraging the acquisition of skills, promoting talent in critical areas for the future of work (namely technologies/digital skills, soft skills, etc.) and fostering lifelong learning;
- Ensuring that organisations are capable of undergoing effective transformation and implementing technological and process innovations;
- Supporting career (re)orientation and change towards emerging areas and fields with high growth potential;
- Improving sustainability and equitability in the job market by promoting a fair balance, both quantitative and qualitative, between offer and demand.
We also seek to achieve the following goals, in line with our global policies:
- Promoting a healthy work-life balance;
- Fostering equal access and equal opportunities in the job market;
- Ensuring the right to equality and non-discrimination.