Economy and Innovation
The creation of a Business Incubator in Lisboa was one of the measures approved in the Lisboa City Council Participative Budget (www.lisboaparticipa.pt). Its mission is to foster entrepreneurship and job creation through a combination of dedicated infrastructures and specialised support services.
Moreover, its implementation has earned Lisboa a solid reputation as a major entrepreneurship promoter.
- incubation programme – specialised consulting and mentoring services; adequate furnished areas (10m2 - 40m2) equipped with telephone lines, air conditioning and broadband Internet; and cleaning and security services;
- pre-incubation programme – development of a business plan in collaboration with specialised professionals; specific training; networking events; and complementary activities.
- support structure for business development – mentoring;
- regular meetings with experts in start-up and early-stage company development;
- themed events focused on the problems faced by start-ups and early-stage companies.
Started in 2012, Startup Lisboa seeks to foster entrepreneurship and job creation through a combination of dedicated infrastructures and specialised support services, for the ultimate purpose of contributing to the development of innovative projects with internationalisation potential.
Startup Lisboa currently consists of three business incubators, which include Start-up Lisboa Tech, a technological business incubator, and Start-up Lisboa Commerce, a business incubator specialised in providing support to projects in the areas of commerce, services and tourism. A third business incubator and accelerator was opened in downtown Lisboa in 2015.
In July 2015, the Startup Lisboa home opened in a former student home in Rua do Comércio. A welcoming space where young entrepreneurs visiting Lisboa are given the opportunity to develop and present their projects, attend training sessions and find sponsors, the Startup Lisboa Home has been thought for non-resident entrepreneurs wishing to stay temporarily in the capital to develop ideas and/or establish networks.
Startup Lisboa also manages the Lisboa Loans Start-up Fund, which offers financing options up to €45,000 to companies operating for at least 3 complete financial years (financing up to 100% of the investment), as well as younger and new companies (financing up to 85% of the investment).
More information on the Startup Lisboa website
Partners: CML | Invest Lisboa | Montepio | IAPMEI